Wednesday 8 June 2016

On happiness 2

'If everything I do is a personal attack to you, then its gonna be tough'

A very good friend once said that to me in a rather heated argument, and me being the sensitive emotional pixie I am, am thinking about that statement up till now. 

I love hard. Friends, boyfriends, if I love you I'm pretty all in about it. And sometimes, I get really sad about the smallest of things. Like, why didn't friend A not ask me out for lunch when they were free, or why are all my friends so happy without me in this picture? The irrational part of me is thinking, omg, they're doing this on purpose, they've left me out, I'm left behind! They're being happy just to  make me sad. I'm guessing to a certain degree everyone experiences this; feeling left out or unimportant, as if someone didn't want to include you in their happiness. I'm a litttttttle bit more extreme. Sometimes even when people are completely out of my life do something huge, a small part of me can't help but feel like, oh, their doing this to make me sad.

But it just struck me, maybe people's pursuit of happiness is not tangent at all to you.

I mean, get over yourself Mirr.

You really really cannot expect anybody to always stop and consider what their choices would do to you and your happiness, because most of the time, if its between fighting for their own happiness or ensuring yours, their going to pick their own. And this isn't because they are spiteful or mean or inconsiderate, its because the onus of happiness is on you and you alone! So if friends decide to plan a trip without you, an ex got a new partner, people are down your road and having a meet up, its probably because, their thinking about their own happiness. And you cannot force anyone to make your happiness a priority, not family, not your spouse, not your children, not anybody. 

But what can you do?

You can start focusing on making yourself happy, and not regard plans that don't have you in them as a personal attack. It doesn't mean you're left behind, insignificant or unimportant, its just, we all have our own destinies to fulfil, and sugar, you're not going to be the main character in everyones story. Or in anyones story, save your own. So why bother how many times you get cast in somebody else's movie, direct your own, make it yours.

Be happy. Be happy with yourself, by yourself, for yourself.

And that my friends, is a hard lesson, but one I am intending to finally learn till the end.

Love,
Mirr



7 comments:

  1. Hi ! I love ur header. can u tell me how to put those ig photos as a header ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you! If you go to template, you can add in different apps. Im not too sure but I think I googled 'instagram blog feature' and looked for a website and just pasted the code there. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. Oi! I love reading these!! How are you so rajin to constantly post so consistently? Do you have a set schedule when you post or do you just post on a whim? Just wondering for personal guidance. Sending good vibes your way Mira! -Abang Saef

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abang, ahahahah so happy to find this comment. I post every Wednesday and Saturday, by 9.30 pm. I decide what to write about when I get inspiration really, but sometimes its just like 5 mins before lol. I just like to write and share. Thank you, hope to meet up with you soon, always fun to be around you !

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I was thinking of sharing what I write on blogs too but I can't stand re-reading what I write.. How was it like posting your first write up? Did you expect a response? Ahh so many questions!! Yes yes must meet up soon. Thank you :) I thoroughly enjoy your company too!

      Delete
    3. Omg write write! I normally dont edit lol, until like a day after..... Keepin it real with dem typos and stuff. Writing my first post here was a pretty big deal to me lol. I was like tumblr ing and writing on my tumblr so like moving to blogger was a 'big girl' move for me. Didn't expect any response tbh, but I did like tell all my them tumblr followers to check out this blog so i did sorta expect a few views. But yeah, i think its best not to write without expecting any response at all, less dissapointments and maximum rawness. Im gna follow you just so i can catch yr first post!

      Delete
  3. I like the concept of keepin it raw! I think some writers are good writers but not great expressors of their true emotions (what i think writing shld be abt) and get caught up with trying to impress the reader. Anywho, just my two cents. Okay this is perfect inspo for me to start sharing my thoughts with the (possible) harsh world of the internet! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete