Saturday 11 June 2016

DIDA for women velvet matte lip creme

I love trying local beauty products, so when my best friend Saida introduced me to DIDA for women, I was hooked. DIDA is not only a Malaysian based company, its products are also cruelty free! As of now, they've released one product which is their velvet matte lip creme, and I'm please to report that its amazing! 



The lip creme comes in this cute packaging, and theres a lot of product (the box says 0.25 oz). The shade Saida got for me is called Tango, and it translates to a bright orangy coraly color which dries matte. Orange is not a color I usually use, but I'm glad I have this color in my makeup kit now because I think it compliments my skin tone quite well.


This is how the products looks within 15 minutes of application. Like I've mentioned, it dries matte like most trendy lip cremes, but it didn't sink into the little cracks in my lips or dried my lips out or anything like that. I also didn't have to apply lip balm or scrub my lips first, though it might be useful to know that my lips are pretty, well, huge, and they aren't dry to begin with. Saida has slightly dry lips and she mentioned she'd use lip balm first just in case, but still, its better than most local matte lip products that just dry you out (or so I've heard). While it dries it does feel a little like its going to be really dry, but after it sets, its fineeee. I daresay 10/10 for not drying out ness whilst remaining totally matte.

The other thing to note is that this lip cremes staying power is beyond amazing, seriously guys, staying power better than any boy I've met! We swatched a few different shades in the store and after washing our hands, it didn't budge!!! So I decided to do a little experiment and see how long it would last. Note that although it was Ramadan, I was on my period so I had lunch as usual and ran some errands with Saida. After lunch and about 4 hours, this is what it looked like:


AMAZING

Now I've tried colourpop's matte lip cremes, but in comparison, I think think Dida takes the cake in terms of staying power. I proceeded to go to the bazaar, have dinner and went out for coffee, and 11 hours after application, I came home with my lipstick still in place. No budges! I was documenting my lipstick progress the whole day on snapchat, but I forgot to save it, but I assure you, it looked the same after hours and hours and hours and I didn't reapply in the slightest. Upon coming home, I got ready for bed and washed my face and all that, and only then did my lipstick flake off a little. Even then, most of it was still pretty intact, which kind of scared me... but its all good, cause all I needed was a little oil based makeup remover (or just oil, like the one in your kitchen) and it came right off.

So staying power is crazy good, but that also means you have to be really careful in application. And you have to be sureeee that you want to use that colour because, honey there is no turning back. If you were in a rush, or applying your makeup in the car, um, I'd wish you the best of luck but I wouldn't dare if it was me. Still, I'm super duper impressed. 

If any of you are interested, you can check our their instagram ( @didaforwomen ) or their website : https://www.didaforwomen.com Its priced at RM 45, which for the size and the quality is great value for money. You can order on their website or check out their showroom at Publika ( B2-3A-2 Block B2) 

I can't stop singing praises about this lip creme. Its like my favourite thing in my whole makeup kit now, and I'm sure you would love it too.

Love,
Mira



No comments:

Post a Comment