Thursday 26 May 2016

Sometimes Johan gets tired....

I drive this car that no-one else at home uses, its not exactly my car but I am the sole driver. Its an old car and its blue and it has the life of a cheeky old man who still thinks its a teenage boy, so I named it Johan. When it gets naughty I call it Naib Johan.

Today Johan was very very naughty!

 Last night when I was driving home from hot yoga with Saida, I noticed that my lights were a little dim and my radio couldn't turn on. I was really scared it would die on me so I drove the home without my lights on, which was stupid... But anyway, I made it home safe!

This morning I started my boy Johan, and he seemed fine. I had a longggg day of errands (read, being driver to my siblings) ahead and really wanted my car to run smoothly. My first task, at 8am in the morning was to send Imran to one of his friends house. But on the way there, Johan died on me! At a T junction some more. Aiseiman, Johan, tahulah you penat but this is sooooo inconvenient.

It wasn't a good day to play damsel in distress. My dad was overseas for work, Ibu was a work and she's a doctor so, super busy and my boyfriend, has a really big paper tomorrow so I didn't want to trouble him. Plus, my brother and sister needed me. I realised I had to sort it out myself, and telling my parents/boyfriend that I was in trouble would only make them worried.

I got a kind stranger to drive me home to get my grandmas car, borrowed cones from a few shops and banks to make sure people don't run my car over (lol), and drove my brother to his friends house. Long story short, I got everything I had to do done, and the insurance company Im under sent a mechanic to sort things out.

HERE ARE A FEW LESSONS FOR YOU.
1. Always have a charged phone, or a power bank. If you are driving alone and your battery is low, skip the snapchat, you're going to need it
2. Always carry your AAM card! If you don't have one, get one, it'll save your life! They have a toll free hotline. They settled my car in about half an hour, and have brought it to the workshop to get fixed. Plus getting cars fixed under them usually means you won't get conned and whatever parts they put in would come with a warranty and stuff. Its not dodgy.
3. Don't be too timid and scared. Knock on windows to ask for help, go and approach that abang guard to ask if you can borrow those traffic cones. Being scared won't help, and its a completely solvable problem.

I am currently sitting at The Loaf at Sogo on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. Which translates to, I'm fine and back to running errands (My brother needed to get some kain for IU day with his friends, god I feel like such a soccer mom driving teenage boys around.) Sitting here, I feel really, adult. I know it sounds a bit like I'm tooting my own horn but Mira one year ago would cry and be incapable of solving car breakdown issues on her own. I felt really good that I didn't just call someone to help me get through it, and that I still went on fulfilling my duties- today I am driver of Datin Ildina Murni, Dato' Imran Hakim & Puan Sri Putri Affiza. And also, I'm here doing work (ok fine blogging but thats sort of work) at a place which is leaps and bounds out of my comfort zone, because a bunch of kids needed to be here. And I didn't drive back cause it wasn't practical. I mean wow guys I'm choosing practicality over the prospect of a nap! I'm so ready to be a mom now! And I didn't just give up on the day, which is something Mira tends to do okay!!!!

In all seriousness, I do feel like I've somewhat grown, which is a nice thing to feel a few days away from your 20th birthday. I hope you to try to be independent in handling whatever life throws at you. I almost prefer this over being manja-ed, which is a big thing to admit (Naim, I said ALMOST, ok)
Hope everyone is feeling as good about themselves as I feel right now. Till tomorrow!

Love,
Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment