Wednesday 25 May 2016

My everyday makeup

Makeup is something I've experimented with for quite a while now; I started wearing eyeliner when I was 13, which is not unusual, I think. I've been through no makeup phases, heavy makeup phases, and time where I felt like red was my everyday colour. Now, like pretty much everyone else, I'm into that natural, barely there, my face but better look. I felt like it would be fun to show my readers what I put on my face on a day to day basis, since I think I've developed a standard routine, and its the same products I reach for now. 

First thing I do to my face is moisturise, and I use this moisturiser from the Olay Regenerist line. I've talked about it in my March favourites post linked here if you want to check it out. I put it on my face and neck, because hey, necks need protecting too!


Next I use a CC cream from Glowing & Goodness. For my day to day use I'm not really looking for something to conceal everything, just something to even out my skin tone, brighten my skin and help protect my skin from UV rays. This CC cream doesn't have great coverage, but my older scars are pretty much blurred out when this is on. It does the job to brighten definitely and even out my skin tone, so I love it. This also has SPF and UVA and UVB protection.


On top of all that, its a local product and really reasonable priced. For me, a product I'm going to use everyday shouldn't be too expensive, but should be of good quality, and this CC cream ticks all the boxes. 




Top most is before CC cream, and bottom most is after. I only used a little amount, one tiny squeeze and t was enough. You can see that I have a cluster of newly pick pimples (lol) which is not concealed by the product, but I don't mind much. I feel like everything else about my skin looks better with it on.


Next step, and the most important one of all, is my brows. I've been using this eyebrow colour from IN2IT, and the little brush comes with the palette. I actually use the darker shade more often now, but a younger Mira thought the middle shade could be used as eyeshadow *cringeeee*  I love this product and swear by it. I don't like eyebrow pencils, and most other brow powders and gels are too creamy for my liking, making it really hard not to overdraw. This product is more powdery that creamy, but still not a powder, and its my go to brow product, all the time.

With and without brows

Sometimes I stop at my brows, but nowadays I go on and add some colour to my face, with blush and some lip colour






For blush and highlight, I use the things in this Balm Jovi pallete by The Balm. I brush the pink blush (the one in the largest square) on the apples of my cheeks, and use the highlight (largest circle) on my cheekbones, brow bone, and occasionally the bridge of my nose and my cupids bow. The highlight is actually the Mary-Lou Luminizer by The Balm, and I really like the gold shimmer it gives. As for lips, I found this beautiful nude colour from Silkygirl's Matte lipstick range. Its in the shade 01 Nearly Nude, and is nude with a slight tint of coral. It does a shit job at staying on though, so I pair it with this brown lip liner from Catrice. On its own, its quite dark and Dina says I look really ugly, but under a coral-y lipstick, it becomes a really nice nudish brownish shade which I really really like.



                                             

I end up going out looking a little like this. I don't put on mascara because I have literally close to no eyelashes, mascara isn't even worth it especially since taking it off is the worst. I don't go out with powder either, because the CC cream and my moisturiser does a good job at balancing my skin, and my once really oily skin isn't so oily anymore, and I don't find the need to blot, or anything like that. 



I thought you guys might be interested, this is my makeup at the end of today, after I spent a day out, performed my prayers which means I had to wash my face for ablution, and took a nap snuggled under my blanket. No touch ups. Lip color has faded and my cheeks aren't as rosy, but my brows are still good. Main thing though is my skin, I mean, it doesn't look like Ive had a layer of gunk on. With other drugstore BB creams, foundations and concealers, I've noticed after a while you can tell that someones been wearing base product, because it turns almost greyish and like, it looks like its not sticking on the skin anymore. But this CC cream still looks good, so I'm definitely sticking to this. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, its a little different, but hey, there's a girly side to me too. Till tomorrow!

Love,
Mira









2 comments:

  1. Nice!! I think your makeup is suitable for an everyday look since it looks natural. This inspired me to do a makeup post sometime....if I'm not lazy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, I emjoyed this post cause it gave me a reason to take a lotta selfies 😁

      Delete