Sunday 19 July 2015

My Aidilfitri open house! 2015


It was the 3rd day of Syawal today and my family hosted a small open house. In malay cultures, Aidilfitri is a month long celebration and some people host open houses for people to come and indulge in good company and good food. 

This year we didn't fully cater so I was extra busy. Still had a lot of friends over and it was so great to see them, some of them are flying off for university soon so I made it a point to invite them since it may be their last raya in Malaysia for a while.  Nothing much to say except Im proud of my flower arrangements (I do the flowers for all family functions cause I like to pretend Im a florist and its cheaper). I'll just let the pictures tell you how the day went 


With my best friend of 9 years, Saida 


A little SKBD reunion, missing is Arman and Saida because they had to leave earlier

The World Schools Debating Championships 2013 reps from Malaysia, we went to Istanbul together. They all coincidentally matches and totally left me out 

5 years going strong 



Dina and I post open house, tired but satisfied.

Every night, after the open house, my moms side comes over and we eat the leftovers, order pizza (and its tradition in our family that the kids will pay for this) and play fireworks. Waiting for everyone to come back so we can get started on that, and can't waittttt to wash my hair haha.

Also, I forced everyone into recording a short video dubsmash, which I felt was so cute! Thanks everybody for layaning me hehe. You can check it out on my instagram by clicking one of the pictures on the instagram feed at top of my blog.

Overall, greatttt day. 

Love,
Miraa








No comments:

Post a Comment