Tuesday 7 July 2015

Redefinition


So, I've probably typed out ten different introductory sentences, theres something about firsts that makes me kind of nervous and excited. But ya know what, lets start with being honest.

Hi, I don't really know what to say.

Except that I've been having this urge to start a blog. I've had tumblr before this, and I treated it pretty much like a blog, but it was tumblr, you know. Its not a blog, you know? Its just a whole different aura, whole different ball game and everything, and I decided to switch because I think this is me growing up.

Okay, my friends who know me in real life are probably laughing. "Mirr you haven't grown an inch since form 2" but I mean this, dare I say, spiritually. I just recently turned 19 (ok not thatt recent) but thinking about it, Im going to be 20 next year! So I've been making some transitions, a sort of redefining period.

For example, I've started using musky-er scents. My dad is big on smelling good and has brought me up to find my own 'scent' or whatever. I usually go for sweet smells, and stay away from musky perfumes. But just recently I switched to Dahlia Divin, Givenchy's newest fragrance. I love it, its definitely far from my usual Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal, which smells like cherries. In fact its, patchouli based with top notes of mirabelle plum (MIRAbelle, see its so me), and definitely smells older. It fits though, and I love it.

But its more than just smelling different haha.

I also feel more (don't laugh) mature. Just generally more grown up, and it feels like I have a whole new mindset. So I decided to take the leap, from tumblr to an actual blog.

Whether you've followed me from tumblr or just stumbled across this space, Hello. Thanks for reading my semi-awkward introductions. Im waiting to go to my internship right now so Ill probably post this up during my lunch-break, but Im already planning to blog again tonight. Also, give me a while to get used to editing here, for now, appreciate this ultra minimal template :)

Here's to new beginnings, and a refined me.

Love,
Mirr 


2 comments:

  1. Hooray, you finally have a proper blog where I can read your wonderful writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Very looking forward to reading your writing! All the best with your internship!

    ReplyDelete