Thursday 6 August 2015

Back to college : Semester 3



I've re-entered college after what was a very well spent summer break. Its week two already into the semester, and its going pretty well.

Some background info, for those who may not know. I go to KYUEM, thats Kolej Yayasan UEM. The UEM doesn't stand for anything, and if it does, I don't know what it means (lol). *Edit* UEM stands for united engineers malaysia, creds to Thevesh and Naim for pointing this out to be me*  Its a boarding college in Tanjung Malim, Perak, everyone here does A levels, and I quite love it here (best academic institution yet in my opinion) 

So anyway, I thought coming back this semester was going to be tough. One huge (and probably the only) reason was because the senior batch has graduated, so I had to say goodbye to a lot of my friends who I grew very attached to over the last two semesters. I made a bunch of girlfriends who met me when I was literally at my lowest, and who literally nurtured me till I got stronger, it was like having 6 tiger loving moms. I moved into their rooms, I invaded their space, I have cried on their shoulders at an average rate of three times a week but most of all, I found a home in every single one of my girls. A little picture tribute to my bbgs;



I cried buckets the day they left, and I still miss them terribly (and keep in contact quite a lot via random meet ups, snapchat and hours on end on FaceTime). However, Im doing better than I thought I would without them. So here's a little thank you, for loving me so much, that even when you leave, I'm still overflowing with happiness.

So semester 3 is going pretty well. This is traditionally known as, the party semester, or, the semester where you apply to university, and even, the semester before shit gets real. University applications haven't started just yet, since AS results aren't out (thats due this coming Tuesday, yikes! Pray for me!!) so its been pretty chill. I decorated my room real nice (might post about it when I've got it completely done). I had fun during induction, getting to know the juniors and all that, and Im back to my KY routines. My, what do I wear tomorrow routine, my finding a way to go back on Friday and almost always end up with Datin routine (LOVE YOU 10), my read a book in the Saad Square habit. 

Gets way too cold in the library for me, and paper towns was so-so if you want my opinion.


One thing I've really noticed about this semester is my attitude. I feel more, into life (?) more positive and just overall happy. I don't wake up wishing for the day to end anymore, I focus in class more and I've learned to cope better with factors that may knock me off balance. I'm also eating, regularly, healthily, and don't feel guilty at all about it. These may be normal things to another person, but my attitude is a personal achievement for me. I think this is optimism, and I really do love what its doing to me.

So, pretty much thats just it. This post should have come earlier but I've been terribly busy, so apologies for that. Im having a great 3rd semester, not extremely dramatic and eventful (though a lot of events), but its just a nice, stable, calm. I hope it remains this way after results day, just got my slip with my password to check online, and omg guys, this feels so real. Was brainstorming back up plans for life with my classmates just now, but InsyaAllah, I hope hope hope I get to do my degree in the UK as originally planned. Good luck to any of you who are getting your results on Tuesday too!

Also, before I forget. I was thinking of maybe taking pics of my ootd's and posting about what I wear to classes and all, since I admittedly put in quite some effort into what I wear. And Ill be completely honest, lazy days, effort days and everything in between. Wanted to know what you think about this, and about me injecting a bit of a fashion element into my blogging, so leave me a comment!

I hope all of you are having an equally good time, doing whatever it is you are doing.

Love,
Mirr






2 comments:

  1. Yassss mirrrr post your fashion options and OOTDs! I love your outfit ensembles, even if it's a lazy one cuz you aways werk it gurl lol 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete