Sunday 25 September 2016

Im in London!




Greetings from London! 

It is currently 9.11 pm and Im snuggled in my bed, in a room which will be home for the next 9 months or so. Its a really nice room, in a really nice building, so I like it a lot. Haven't got the chance to meet many people yet though, so far only met 1 out of the 4 people I'm sharing my kitchen with. In any case, I now have Giovanni Grey to teman me in this room. She's a hot water bottle and my closest friend.

I reallllly like London. I've only been here for 2 days, but I feel like I'll fall in love with it easily. The weather right now is perrrrfect, we still get a lot of sun and at most all you need is a light jacket. My naive little heart is praying it'll stay like this forever (because I really cannot tahan sejuk one) but alas, winter is coming.... 

One thing I'm quite surprised about is how I haven't bumped into anybody at all. You'd think with the number of people studying in London nowadays you'd just terserempak with people every 5 minutes, but no. It hasn't been the case at all. I guess you really could very easily isolate yourself from the world and really not meet anybody. Being in the city, with the added knowledge that I will be living here alone, makes me feel small though not exactly in a bad way. Honest to goodness, I feel like nobody here knows anything about me (which is actually true la hah...) and I get to introduce myself complete clean slate to everybody. Its both exciting and a little scary. I'd like to say I'm quiteeee the friendly type, so its new to me that I feel kind of nervous now. Got to push past it though, probably just a newcomer thing.

Settling in has been quite a breeze. Ibu came to help me settle down, and being the compulsive planner that she is, I memang did not have to worry about much lah! I've got all basic necessities and have even personalised my room a little bit. The only thing is my BRP hasn't arrived yet, so a lot of things have to be put on hold. A BRP is this permit that you need to do things like open a bank account, and enrol into uni, so its really quite important. Slightly frustrated that its not here yet, but then again, what to do kan. C'est la vie life goes on. Though my current predicament does come with its perks, I had more time to just walk around and on my first day here, I went to see my uni and guys...



its beeeeaauuuttttiiiiffffullllll

This picture does it no justice at all. There were people just lazing and santai-ing around, and the sun was out, and I legit teared up. It felt like one of those movies when these gates open up to this big mansion and the sprinklers are on and everything is magnificent, except this time its my dream school ya feel. Induction starts tomorrow, and I'm really excited for it!!!!

i'm in uni?!?! i can't believe it I mean



this girl is in uni

I know it hasn't even started yet really, but its just really surreal to know that I actually already boarded that plane and am actually in this room that I applied for. I am both very happy/grateful, but leaving KL was really hard. I've never really been completely alone, always family an hour away, friends who I move in with or yknw, someone I'm dating nearby (lol, keep it real tho). The last week was a lot of tears and the airport was just, everyone was crying! Except maybe Ayden, Ayden was really scared because everyone was crying. Kesian the boy haha. I'm still really grateful that leaving was hard for me, cause man if it was easy then I must've lived a pretty miserable life.... Jokes aside, I'm going to make all this being away from the people I love worth it, and give this next few years a proper go.

Also guys I found cili padi!!!!!! 



Okay London, you have cili padi, I officially have no grudges against you.

Talk to you guys soon!

Love,
Mira




2 comments:

  1. May I know what is ur accom name? Im currently searching for an accom as well

    ReplyDelete