Thursday 1 September 2016

010916

Hello friends!

It sure has been a while, huh. I've missed this space, honest to goodness. But I'm back now and with a whole lot of updates. I'm also at a very rambly talk-a-lot-of-crap mood of my pms cycle, so I'll do this post with numbers okay, else I'll be going on foreverrrr

1. I'm going to uni! 
My results came out 3 weeks ago, and Alhamdullilah, I'll be going to UCL to pursue Pharmacy. I'm so excited to start uni life, I've heard its going to be a whole new experience and I'm going to learn and mature and all that, like cooool, I can get even more mature?!?!?! Inevitably though, that means...

2. London calling
I'll be in London InsyaAllah for the next few years. If you've read my blog you would know that I've been in boarding school almost my whole life, but I must admit that relocating to another country is a whole new level of board. I am extremely manja, and my family is very close. It will be pretty hard to not have my weekly Saturday and Sunday dinner with my extended family. I have some very small cousins whom I am obsessed with, and I'm so scared they forget my face :( I also will be leaving behind some of the closest people to me. I know its not like I'm going off to war and all that, but really, I have built relationships with some people that are so so so precious to me. Seriously, their making this so hard for me. But anyway, moving to London is something I am very excited to do. I'm expecting to be super in total control of my everything, and that appeals to me a whole lot. I also got my hands on a very nice accommodation, and I even got my own bathroom. I am super thrilled!!! Mixed feelings about this though because

3. Imma be completely alone, for the first time ever
I have been blessed an amazing support system, but this also means I've never truly been alone. I feel like I've always been independent, but never alone, you know? I know this will be great for my self growth but tbh guys, I'm kind of nervous about having a non-shared accommodation. Growing up in TKC (my high school boarding school), I've been sleeping in a dorm room for 5 years, and at home, my siblings and I always sleep in the same room together (#clinggy). I feel like I'm leaving the nest, which is good for me, but it all comes with a hint of nervousness.

4. Making most of Malaysia
I loveeeee this country. Its such a santai place, its just so damn lepak. I've honestly been really busy, but other than settling my visa/accommodation/allthatjazz , I've been busy lepaking. Planning to set a world record of how much cili padi and teh tarik I can consume. I have just gotten into the habit of eating cili paid with everything, and I hateeeeee myself for it. Where am I going to get cili paid in London? Do any of you know? Where can I get kicap and condensed milk? Seriously, if anybody knows please comment below. I have about 20 more days in this country, I'm not going to deny myself a single craving. Please comment also if you know a truly Malaysian place to eat or see. 

5. On blogging
I have a lot to share about my experience on studying and getting into uni, but I don't want to be writing post that won't benefit anybody and be all syok sendiri. Are any of you interested in hearing about uni applications or studying or visa? Let me know, I'm happy to share. My close friend Fie just started a blog, and theres a very good post with guest writers about how everyone got into their universities. Check it out if you need inspiration, I'll link it here. I will be writing on a schedule once I get settled in London. Posts will still be pretty sparse up till then, and I hope you people understand. Just really making the most of my time with people and not being on the internet.

6. Blog direction
I'm still a little confused as to how I want this space to be. Sometimes my posts are super informal and I'm just talking about me (like this one), sometimes I write really thought out pieces about well, my opinion. I noticed most people do only one of the other. I don't want to decide, I'm a gemini, I'm both! And I really do get to make new friends through this space (thank you to anyone who has reached out and emailed me!), so I like to keep it personal. I wish there was a way to make like a forum here, so fun! Maybe I'll buy my own domain soon, once I'll settled and have more than just lepak tales to offer. Please do let me know if theres anything you want to read, I do a bit of beauty, i do bit of life and opinion, I do a lot of nonsense. Can I not pick a singular direction? I never pick one direction with my friends anyway.

7. I can't seem to stay at home.
Really, I can't. During the day everyone is out working/studying, and I am alone. I have gotten over being on youtube for hours on end, and sometimes I get super frustrated that I am not out. I'm becoming a irritable extrovert! Normally I have Saida to go get coffee with, or I'll drive to see my lover wherever he is, but I also don't have access to a car now so I don't always have that option (My sister Dina drives Johan to college). This is weird for me, I used to be able to laze around at home all the time, even crave it. Now, I just want to fill up my schedule. I think its the impending doom of not being able to do certain things and see certain people for a long long time in less than a month (cause I'm flying off right) so I feel like why am I alone at home when I will be alone in London. Why am I not out ?!?!?! 

Anyway, you will hear from me more often soon. I really don't have much to blog about, but once I'm in London, I'm sure I will. Thank you so much for still checking this space. It might just be one person constantly refreshing, but I really do regard people who visit this as friends. Hope to hear from you soon and often.

Love,
Mira

3 comments:

  1. How much is the rent of ur accom per week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! My accom will be 200 pounds a week :)

      Delete
  2. yes pls write more about uni aplications and visa

    ReplyDelete