Sunday 14 February 2016

Valentines Day ?

Approaching our first Valentines together, Naim asked me multiple times if I'd make a fuss about celebrating the occasion. And I told him that I wouldn't; I've never celebrated Valentines day, its a Sunday so I'm headed back to college, anddddd I wanna celebrate my relationship everyday *hehe*
So, we decided not to do anything fancy, we both had plans anyway and on Sundays I have family over.

But ya know, I painted him a little something in secret.

I asked him to drop by to say goodbye before I went back to College, and when he did, I had a sleepy Ayden (my baby cousin) who didn't want to be put down. I walked out of the house, baby in hand, beaming with pride that I made him something when I told him I wasn't going to be doing anything, ready to be like, Surpriseeeeee, #1 girlfriend, right ?

But Naim, the great guy that he is, had a bouquet of my favourite flowers for me! I ran back in and asked someone else to take over Ayden, cause lets face it, I'd drop him with all that was happening.



So much for not doing anything for Valentines huh. And the hydrangeas aren't even wilted, where did he get these from ?!?!?!

But in all seriousness, I think you shouldn't HAVE to do anything for anyone on the 14th of February. Flowers, chocolates and cards are nice, but its more important to create a relationship that you can be proud of on even the most normal, uneventful days.  

Ayden just asked who gave me the flowers. He's so intelligent, he understands and gets it guys!

Okay scratch that, he just wanted me to play with him.
Gotta go, got some serious train tracks to construct.

Happy Valentines Day everybody !

Love,
Mira



1 comment: