Monday 30 November 2015

30.11.15

Hii guys !

How's youssss? Its been a while since I've updated this blog about my life and how Ive been doing and all that. Apologies! I have a reallllly good excuse though, I've been so busy with Bangsawan.

Bangsawan is an annual malay drama competition amongst houses in KY. Its one of the main events for KY every year, and typically, all houses literally slave for weeks to put on a good show. Theres so much that goes into it, props, painting backdrops, sewing costumes ; its this huge team effort, do-it-for-the-house kind of thing (I mean, I haven't gone back in 3 whole weeks for this).

This year, I was co-directing and my house -Sapphire- staged the tale of Puteri Saadong, a Kelantanese legend. I personally really like the story, its one of those antara daulat dan cinta kind of things, and it was really tough to pull off. For one, we had a lot of scenes in Thailand, and no one knew anything about Siamese palace protocols or what to dress our Siamese actors in. We learned that even the highest ranked officers used to bow down and not even look at the Siamese king back then. We didn't win this year, but Im still proud of the play we put on. And also, we had so much fun preparing it, the Sapphire junior batch are super supportive and hard working and funny, so they all came down to contribute, and we had so many laughs. Seriously, sometimes Id have a bad day, and I'd dread having to come down but the cast made me laugh every day, without fail.

I posted a few sneak peeks and Bangsawan parody posts. You can search #SapphiretakesBangsawan on instagram for more parady post or #Bangsawan2015 for all the pictures from all the houses!

Anyway, now that Im done with that, I am soooo ready to go home. I've even started packing! In reality, I have a whole week of classes left but its prooving to be really hard to get through, Im in holiday mode already haha. There's a lot of other events in KY, we have Christmas dinner tonight, End of Sem retro themed dinner on Wednesday and Sapphire Appreciation Party on Thursday, but still, I wanna go homeeeeee. I'll be away most of December on this caravan trip with my family overseas, don't want to give too much away, but its so exciting and I cant wait! Its also my last holiday with family before I go to uni so I want to make the best of it.

So I'll be on school this next one week, itching to get out of here and refreshing my UCAS track page. Just waiting for decisions from 3 unis, one of them being my first choice uni so lots and lots of prayers. Until next time :*

Love,
Mirr



7 comments:

  1. Ilmira...what happened to your hijab :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a decision Ive made, nothing else has changed.

      Delete
  2. Mir can you do a tutorial on how you wear your turban :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uuu, a tutorial. I shall fit it in somewhere, but in any case, so see gina tokio's tutorial she did wth liberty london cause I watched that

      Delete
  3. hello there sis mira :) i knew you well on debate world. ive seen u on youtube& i really like the way you deliver ur speech. if u hv any time, pls hv a visit to my blog! http://pemikirabad21.blogspot.my/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Abdul Rashid! Thank you, I've stopped debating though. I will visit the next time I want something to read, thanks for sharing

      Delete