Friday 8 January 2016

Beauty

I am not mass media and overall society's idea of beauty. I am well aware of that.

There is a small percentage of people who naturally fit into the narrow definition of beauty in the eyes of the masses. There are more people who don't fit in than there are people who do ; I do not believe that there are so many ugly human beings.

I am not mass media and overall society's idea of beauty. But I am a mixture of my father and mother, who I think are both beautiful. I am my family's idea of beauty, I am my friends idea of beauty. My boyfriend tells me Im pretty every day, even when I'm literally undeserving of the compliment. I am convinced he is talking about my soul more than my face.

I think thats an even bigger compliment.

Most importantly, I am my idea of beauty.

I refuse to compete with a photoshopped picture that took days to perfect. I am a real life human being, look me in the eyes and tell me thats not beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. And you are also my idea of beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tbh i met u thru debate (during highschool) and i always thought tht ur very pretty. N other girls told me the same thing too. And i think, ur confidence just adds up extra points. Go ilmira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yr soooo nice! Never felt like one of the pretty girls but thanks for this. Hope yr as happy as youve made me :)

      Delete